Recommendations

UserPost
PREMIUM

I used to get various wallpaper recommendations, but now they're ALL wallpapers of women. It all started after I liked a few of them, but now that's all I get. Even disliking them doesn't stop them! frown

3 months ago
PREMIUM

Can someone please tell me how to stop this? I used to like seeing different wallpapers like this but it's ALL wallpapers of girls now. I'm not adverse to a pretty face, but this is annoying! 

3 months ago
ADMIN

Manufan,

We just launched a new recommendation system and things you like influence it heavily. Unlike the old one it only updates once a week. Hopefully this week we will be more clear about that, and let users switch freely between the old and new recommendation systems.

2 months ago

Dreams never die

ADMIN

Manufan,

I have added the ability to switch between recommendation systems. If you liked the old recommendations more, you can use the old system. There is no limit to switching around so feel free to do so. I have added extra information about how the recommendation systems run so hopefully that helps as well. Please let me know if you are having any issues.

Also: Everyone by default has been switched back to the original recommendation system #1. It has ended up taking more data than I thought for system #2 to get really good

2 months ago

Dreams never die

PREMIUM

Thanks David!

2 months ago
PREMIUM

Me thinks I'm confused again....

I only got one recommendation today and I hit to Recommendation 2 to see if I would get more Recommendations but I'm not eligible.  Guess I haven't skipped over 40 yet.  I like the variety in the recommendations and if I don't like it I can skip it.

2 months ago
ADMIN

Hey JerseyGirl,

You are currently set to use the first recommendation system. It should give you a success or an error message when you try to switch.

In order for the new system to have any chance at being worthwhile it will need quite a few dislikes. If you are liking or skipping recommendations, system #2 just won't work (which is fine since if you aren't disliking things, system #1 is working decent)

2 months ago

Dreams never die

PREMIUM

Thanks DW.  I guess there aren't too many things I dislike.  I was just trying to Switch to 2 to see more of a variety since I had only got one recommendation that day and I think I usually get 10.  Can I help it if I'm starving for wallpapers lol Thanks again

2 months ago
PREMIUM

Question DW....Now i'm not getting any Recommendations (yesterday or today) surprisesad

2 months ago
PREMIUM

Same here frown

2 months ago