Pet Tales

UserPost

I can’t find any related thread about pets so I have decided to make one, even though I am not that sure whether this topic is appropriate in this forum or not. Let me start by telling you a little information about my dog, he is an Alaskan Malamute. He is sweet and playful. He loves to play in the backyard, and no worries for his safety as there’s an invisible fence installed. Moving on, he is not that active nowadays – he is a bit lazy due to the weather condition.

10 months ago
PREMIUM

Malamutes are a beautiful breed.  How old is your dog and what is his name?

I have an almost 10 yr. old dog named Bella and I adopted her from ASPCA.  She is a Royal Bahamian Potcake (another name for mutt) and she was flown to the USA with her 5 sisters from the Bahamas.  The reason they call them potcakes is because there is an abundance of them and people feed them what is left in their pots.  The breed consists of Pharaoh Hound, African Basenji and Rhodesian Ridgeback.  She is the sweetest dog we've ever had and will kiss you to death, doesn't bark unless she sees a delivery man and loves playing with her cousin Mia (Chihuahua) on their Saturday morning play dates.  Grandma (me) pulls all the toys out of the Ottoman and the fun begins. Bella unfortunately pulled her leg out chasing Mia outside and had to get surgery 2 weeks before Christmas so now she is still playful but know her limits.  I believe she'll always have a slight limp but she's a happy chappy laugh

It's funny my dog being from such a sunny warm climate loves the snow.  She's has long legs and she just romps around in it like it was nothing.  One thing in comparison to my other dogs is that her paws don't freeze up.  She's a trooper.

Thank you for sharing your pet tale with us♥

10 months ago
ADMIN

I have a couple of desert tortoises that roam around my backyard. As long as there's a water source on hot days, they pretty much maintain themselves. A really fun pet

10 months ago

Dreams never die

ADMIN

I don't have any pets now but I did have dogs, cats and rats, the rats are great pets if you get females

10 months ago

For every dark night, there's a brighter day.

Let the wolves run free !

PREMIUM

Gee Stevie

That is interesting to hear about rats.  Who would think?

DW Do they let you pick them up? Are they like real small or large?  I have know people to have turtles in a tank in their homes when I was growing up but they were small turtles. Self maintenance always helps!

I love this topic.

10 months ago
ADMIN

Yeah you can pick them up - though that's not their favorite thing. They much prefer to just be fed You can pet their heads too. One is ~10 lbs and the larger one is more like 40 lbs - he's quite large

They dig massive tunnels during the summer to stay cool - it's fun

10 months ago

Dreams never die

PREMIUM

Wow DW 40 lbs.  That is large.  I can visualize a sea turtle

That's cool.

10 months ago