Temporary Ban/Lock Out System Updated - Important For Non-Trusted Users.

UserPost
ADMIN

Hey everyone!

So this isn't quite as exciting news as some of the other stuff that's been happening.

Today we are officially adding much better support for temporary bans/lock outs. Previously we had very limited abilities regarding temporarily censoring an account, and most of it was manual. Now we have a much better feature set.

• Users can be temporarily locked out/banned from specific actions, not the entire account. E.g. only submitting, or only tagging. So you'd still be free to do things unrelated to the temporary ban.
  • Moderators are required to give a reason, and you're linked to the moderator. As always there is also the admin@alphacoders.com email account.

So why have we added this functionality?

Some people start off really bad at tagging. This is a simple way to not have 1000 terrible tags and start communications with the user.

We currently have 2 active moderators for new submissions. Just two guys. So our moderators are currently overwhelmed. And one of them is cdd, who's time is better spent making sweet features for the sites. We have quite a few users that aren't working on moving towards being a trusted user, and we need some solution that helps the moderators, and motivates people to learn/follow the rules :p

So - we are really asking that people work with us. If you really enjoy submitting images that will just be deleted, it will simply mean every now and then the moderators will give themselves a few days break, and then things will go back to normal.

Please let me know if you have questions,

David

2 months ago

Dreams never die

PREMIUM

Not related. How many offences does it take to get oneself banned?. And what are the diff levels of punishment. 

2 months ago

The White Goddess

ADMIN

Hey belle!

Currently we don't have set limits for number of offenses - the temporary bans will mostly come when someone is constantly hitting the same issue, or there's suddenly a big group of issues.

The temp bans can be 1 day, 2 days, a week, etc. I don't expect many to be issued, but probably the first area users are hit will be untrusted submissions with deletions. We really want new users starting to submit to get their stuff moderated in a reasonable amount of time, and without this kind of a feature it felt like they were going to lose that battle

2 months ago

Dreams never die

PREMIUM

happy growing pains.

2 months ago

The White Goddess

This is a very much needed feature for this site as there can be spammers or people who use false links.

2 months ago

i was bad at tagging cdd corrected me and explained how to do a proper tag . 

thanks cdd . 

P.S. i still suck at tagging.

2 months ago

tumblr_o751f3F4as1tuureto1_500.gif